MU Australia is a mission agency of the Anglican Church of Australia and is a part of the worldwide Mothers’ Union. MU seeks to share Christ’s love by encouraging, strengthening and supporting marriage and family life, particularly those whose lives have met with adversity.
MU has five objectives:
- To promote and support marriage and family life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
MU provides a network to serve Christ in the parish, the community, and worldwide, through prayer, financial support and actively working in programs that meet local needs. Mothers’ Union is held in such high esteem that it has representatives on the UN Consultative Council and addresses issues across the world concerning families, such as gender inequality, violence against women and girls and the rights of the child.
For further details, please contact our Office on 4393 1333 or visit: Newcastle Anglican Mothers Union